Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Only Sane Thing

"Your're crazy!"
"Mmm, maybe," he said.


"Hey, you know that thing you said about my being crazy?  I think I am.  But the best part is: it's just the beginning."
Snap.  Can you imagine if this is just the beginning?  "Alright... alright.  Let's have an adventure, then!"

If this is just the beginning, then I will set as my goals to love you every day more and more.  I want to say, "to love you as no one has been loved," but I am scared to offer, to give that much.  I know love is in sacrifice, if also in delight.  Jesus help me.  There are few among men so worthy, and I know my love for him will take me to You.  I know his love for me will always work to do the same.

Crazy.  If this is just the beginning.  Lord, teach me how to love.


Catholic philosophers say love--seeing the other truly as he/she is, giving all of one's self to that person--is the only sane thing.  My worldview, then, is not yet all the way Catholic.  Help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment